SHOP NEW WEST Fundraiser News:
Jan 31: It’s a wrap! 916 bags sold. $6023.24 raised! We have so many people to thank for the part they played in the fundraiser. Couldn’t have done it without each and everyone of you! Thank you!
Jan 29: We have a winner for the #shopnewwest photo contest! Congratulations Gillian H!
Dec 2: B2B NOW (Network of Women) – New Westminster has organized a city wide fundraiser for the Fire Relief Fund. Included in the 23 small businesses destroyed in the downtown fire was The FAT Paint Company, one of our members, as well as many other friends and colleagues being affected in one way or another.
The Yellow Pages Group has generously sponsored funds in securing and designing collectable limited edition shopping bags that includes a vintage image of the block that was affected by the fire. This project has the support of – City of New West, Chamber of Commerce, Tourism New West and the Downtown, Uptown, Sapperton and West End Business Associations.
The bags will be sold in December throughout the city’s shopping districts. 100% of the proceeds will be donated to the Downtown New Westminster Fire Relief Fund.
Selling cost: Minimum $5.00 donation. 1000 bags only.
#shopnewwest contest: Here are the prizes one lucky shopper will win. A total value of $483.00! All prizes donated by B2B NOW Members:
1. $50.00 Gift Certificate towards personal training session with Zhoosh Fitness by Design and some ZHOOSH “Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff” soap ($8.00)
2. $40.00 Gift certificate for services at Sarah Alicia Thomas Hair and Makeup Artist and a Shampoo set ($15.00)
3. Body Beautiful Bath Gift Set – $50 Value from Medical Esthetics by Katie
4. $50.00 gift certificate for Eden Accents
5. $75.00 voucher for the Freedom Filer filing system via Allyson Butt of Revive Organize
6. RVN Industrial Lighting Bulb Vase $15.00 value
7. $50.00 gift certificate to Dublin Castle Neighbourhood Grill
8. Mid-Century Modern HOME- Vintage Flintwood (CA) salad bowl, serving spoons and 4 bowl set value $85.00!
9. Orchid plant $20.00 value. Donated by Evenate Creative Group.
10. Kitchen set by Sonya Curry Design Inc. $25.00 value
B2B NOW (Network of Women) – New Westminster
Left to right: Heather Corbett, Robyn Murrell, Pam Saunders, Victoria Lambert, Heidi Clarkson, Sonja Curry, Emily Coloma, Sue Morphet, Katie Marshall, Melissa Nilan, Sarah Alicia Thomas and Jenny Cashin. Missing: Chaya Katrensky and Allyson Butt
Photo credit: Kara Palmer Engraved in Time Photography
Who are we?
We are a networking group of New Westminster small business women entrepreneurs from various industries. We exchange information and support one another, with the aim of promoting and improving our businesses and the community in which they are located. We support shop local and buy local campaigns.
Create advocacy through the sharing of knowledge and resources to further our businesses and form dynamic relationships that benefit the development of our local community.
We love New Westminster!
The event that started it all…October 2012
Shopping Small Can Make a Big Difference – City Sisters Join Canada’s Small Business Saturday – Royal City Record – Oct 15, 2012
B2B NOW got started when sisters, Heidi Clarkson and Robyn Murrell, organized a meet and greet with other New Westminster business owners for the launch of the first Canada’s Small Business Saturday 0n Oct 20, 2012. It was decided at that gathering to start a group in which these female entrepreneurs could share their knowledge and experience with each other. The idea soon caught on and B2B NOW was formed!
The first official group meeting was held in November 2012 and now meets monthly at Dublin Castle Neighborhood Grill (owner & B2B NOW Member - Chaya Katrensky).
Read more about how these ladies met here.
Questions about B2B NOW: please send us an email!
To Follow our Blog just click on the “Follow” tag in lower right corner of this page!